- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup almond flour (Honeyville)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sweetener
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup powdered sweetener, divided
- 1/4 cup granulated sweetener
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup Koia Keto Chocolate Brownie
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder (optional)
- ½ cup chocolate, melted
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup whipped cream
Make the brownie
- For the brownie base, preheat oven to 325F and butter a 9-inch springform pan. Wrap bottom of pan in foil.
- In a microwave safe bowl or glass measuring cup, melt butter and chocolate together in the microwave in 30 second increments. Whisk until smooth. Alternatively, you can melt them together over low heat in a small saucepan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sweetener, and vanilla until smooth. Beat in almond flour mixture, then butter/chocolate mixture until smooth. Stir in nuts.
- Spread evenly over the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until set around edges but still soft in the center. Let cool for 15 – 20 minutes.
Make the mousse
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pot of barely simmering water, combine the egg whites, 1/4 cup of the powdered sweetener, and granulated sweetener. Whisk continuously until the whites reach 160°F on an instant read thermometer.
- Transfer the bowl to a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer). Add the cream of tartar and the salt and beat on high until stiff peaks form.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together, stirring until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In another large bowl, beat the whipping cream and Koia Keto Chocolate Brownie with the remaining 1/4 cup of powdered sweetener, vanilla, and espresso powder, if using.
- Gently mix in the egg and chocolate mixture. Fold batter with Spatula until fully combined.
- Spread the mixture on top of the cooled crust, mounding toward the center. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to overnight. If overnight, press plastic wrap gently over the surface of the pie.
- Top with a chocolate drizzle, mini chocolate chips and whipped cream.