These not so ordinary golden gingerbread muffins will blow you away. This recipe is a go to for us because it’s simple, delicious and packed with super herbs from our Koia Thrive oat milk based Golden Turmeric.
– 1 banana
– 1 tbsp chia seeds
– 2 ½ tbsp water
– 1 tbsp coconut oil
– ½ cup Golden Turmeric KOIA
– ½ tsp baking soda
– ½ cup oat flour
– ¼ cup rolled oats
– ¼ tsp salt
– 1 tbsp + 2 tsp cinnamon
– 2 tsp ginger
– 1 tbsp cashew butter
– 1 tsp powdered monk fruit sweetener
– 3 ½ tsp Golden Turmeric KOIA
– powdered monk fruit sweetener
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F .
2. Prepare a chia egg by combining the chia seeds and water in a small bowl and setting aside for 5 minutes.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mash the banana. Once mashed, mix in the remaining wet ingredients, including the chia egg.
4. Once well combined, mix in the dry ingredients.
5. Pour the batter into greased muffin molds and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
6. While baking, begin to create the glaze by whisking all glaze ingredients in a small bowl.
7. Once the muffins are cool, drizzle each with the glaze and top with additional powdered monk fruit.